Thursday, January 24, 2013

Strategy #7: Avoid eating after 7PM

Strategy #7: Avoid eating after 7PM

      My thought process with this strategy is if you eat good all day you shouldn't have hunger pangs at 10pm and if you do, that is a signal that you are lowering your calories a little too much. I notice that when I get back late and eat around 9pm I tend to wake up not even craving breakfast. But when I eat my last meal before 7pm, when I wake up in the morning the first thing I want to do is fuel up!
    I know you could be thinking, avoid eating after 7pm? I don't even get back in the house til 10:30pm! That is true for me too so I make sure I carry my food with me. This involves a little effort in the morning but it is always worth it. Home cooked meals are always hearty and taste way better than fast food.
    In order to stay away from the kitchen after 7, I try to stick to an eating schedule. I love breakfast so I have that every morning. I have asked some people why they don't care for breakfast and most have told me that they are just not hungry in the morning. When I didn't have an eating schedule, anytime was eating time so sometimes I did wake up and didn't even feel like eating because I was just not hungry. The problem with this was instead of filling up early in the morning, I started later in the day and ended much later at night-most people are usually not active later in the day so the calories you eat at night may end up being stored (think extra weight).
   Sticking to a schedule will definitely help you to cut off by 7pm. I normally have 3 meals and 2 snacks. Breakfast by 9am, snack around 11am, lunch between 12-2pm, snack around 3-4pm then dinner between 5-7pm. Sometimes you will crave to chew on something after 7pm, but avoid having a real meal. If you ate well all day I guarantee it is not real hunger so just quench those tiny cravings with something that doesn't break the calorie bank like green tea or a cup of Greek yogurt.
   This is a pretty easy strategy to follow. Follow this and the other strategies and you will be feeling a little lighter by the end of the week!



No comments:

Post a Comment