Monday, February 4, 2013

Strategy #10: Discover your exercise personality

 Discover your exercise personality?

     So this is the 10th strategy! I was not going to leave out exercising. I didn't put it earlier because it's already talked about too much when it comes to weight management. However, it being strategy #10 on this list does not make it less important than Strategy #1.
   When it comes to exercise, something is always better than nothing. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes exercising really sucks. I am the kind that is gung-ho about exercising for some time, but if the exercise cannot keep up with my fun-o-meter, I get bored and ditch it. I just cannot do the same thing over and over again. So, my strategy to my exercise personality is continually finding new ways to keep moving. Looking back it seems I have tried several things to stay active: yoga (still love it), spin class (don't think I'll do it again), stepping, dance aerobics, running, YouTube videos, Zumba, belly dancing, Pilates, hiking, rock climbing, swimming, kickboxing, taebo, boxing, karate, jiu-jitsu, basketball, volleyball, a plethora of exercise DVDs etc....yes, variety is what seems to work for me. What do you think works for you? Figure out your exercise personality and you may be on your way to a more svelte you.
    Figuring out what your exercise personality is going to require a conversation with yourself. If you are the kind that needs a workout buddy, just be honest with yourself and get yourself one.  If you are the kind that benefits more from a personal trainer, hire one. I know personal training sessions can get expensive, so you can consider hiring a college student who is excellent in some sport. I'm sure they can help and you won't have to pay them as much. Whatever you do, just do something! The little you do will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment